Friday, April 10, 2009

Week 2 Summary

Swelling went down considerably. But it seems to go with gravity. It was still a little odd during the start of the 2nd week. Imagine seeing your upper part of your face appear normal and then, this pudginess at the jawline. The bruising never got worse. The worse bruise, however, is on my wrist. The area they had an IV in a major artery was so black and blue. It got worse and darker throughout the first week. It was sensitive to the touch.

My energy level was a lot better. So much so that on Sunday morning I decided to make a list of what I was eating and jot down the nutritional facts. I went through a panic when I realize that there wasn't much there! My husband made sure to add fruit and protein powder to my shakes, but not sure if that was enough. We neglected to by Ensure. I know... an important post-surgery drink, and we forgot! They even have a Post-Surgery section on their website! I've never had it before but was surprise that it tasted good - Coffee Latte, Milk Chocolate and Strawberries & Cream.

By mid-week, I felt a lot better... so I thought. I started cooking. My husband went back to work that week. My mom stopped by to help out. She left some delicious homemade chicken and beef stock. I didn't want it to go to waste. I also felt sorry for my husband and what he was eating. So, I found ways to combine our meals.

I overexerted myself. I was exhausted the next day. So make a note, even if you feel fine, don't push it.

No comments:

Post a Comment