I went back to work this week (week 3). The swelling wasn't so bad that I felt I had to hide behind a scarf anymore. I thought I was ready. Unfortunately, my sleepless nights returned that weekend. I was exhausted on Monday. I was also hungry. My work provides lunch and I'm just a few steps away from the kitchen. The tempting smells that came from the kitchen...!
I also didn't pack enough for work. I THOUGHT I was prepared.
-- Ensure Coffee for breakfast
-- BLT Soup for lunch, quite hearty
-- Odwalla B Monster drink
But this wasn't enough. Not only was I tired from the lack of sleep, I started to feel weak. But I made it through the day. I left early... as in leaving right at 6pm (a full 8 hour day). Which is early for me, I normally work an average 10 hours, on a good day. But I've realize that I need to plan my meals better. Pack mid-morning and mid-afternoon snacks.
But the rest of the week didn't go so well. I went back to the doctor's and gave in to sleeping pills. Not wanting to rely on the pills, I didn't take it one night. Went back to work and felt awful. I had an orthodontist appointment earlier that morning and started crying. I was so tired! And the pain is starting to settle in. The numbness is fading and now I can feel the pain! My orthodontist said some comforting words about how all this takes time. Physically I may feel better but the emotions are hard to deal with. I had to leave work early. Luckily I'm able to work at home. My boss even asked me at the start of the week if I was doing ok. Again, I was overconfident.
Finished!!
13 years ago
Thanks for your post. I have been reading them. I do hope to feel better soon. This is day 4 for me and if you ask me, I'm not a lot better. I am also able to work from home so I will probably start back next week or the following week. They do want me to come back as soon as possible. I am glad you are doing well. It gives me hope. : )
ReplyDelete