Sunday, April 5, 2009

Introduction

Hello! I had jaw surgery 15 days ago. I discovered the oral surgery blog community AFTER my surgery. I wish I had discovered them earlier! It's too late to start a blog on what I went through but I thought I'd create a place to share what meals I had. I love to cook and miss it dearly. A girl can only have so many smoothies and broth soups before she goes crazy!

On March 21, 2009, I had Mandibular Horizontal Hyperplasia and Mandibular Bilateral Sagittal Splint Ramus Osteotomies - lower jaw surgery to fix an overgrown lower jaw. I've had a jaw problem for years. In 1994, my jaw locked while yawning. This began a series of almost-annual visits to the emergency room to get it fix. I first saw an oral surgeon in 1997 and again in 2001. I was told that my lower jaw continued to grow. At the time it was minor. My bite and profile wasn't a problem. I did not have an underbite at the age of 25.

Fast forward to 2006, my last visit to the emergency room, I was given a recommendation to an oral surgeon and so my journey began.

No comments:

Post a Comment